Tuesday, May 14, 2013

New Year's Resolutions: The Halfway Mark

I saw this video shared on my facebook and it caused me to reflect on my own New Year's Resolutions for 2013. This year, I started off with 10 resolutions/goals and then every 90 days, I have a set of about 10 or so goals that help me to break down the major ones. Here I go: 1. Meditate daily-- morning and night. 2. Train for a half-marathon. 3. Complete my Early Childhood Music Education coursework and learn guitar. 4. Write down lesson plans and units properly. 5. Join a writing group. 6. Start a writing mentorship. 7. Pay off all credit cards. 8. Blog once a week for each blog. 9. Take more care of my appearance. 10. Apply to an overseas international project, mentorship, and PhD. As I look at these goals, I am pleased to say that I am well on my way to achieving them like #2. I have also now begun doing #8 yet I decided to modify this goal-- do one blog, not two and daily, not weekly. Some I had to break down into bite-sized pieces like #2 training for a 10km event before training for the half-marathon (21km). Others, I have begun to pursue but are not realistic to complete in one year like #3 Complete my Early Childhood Music Education courses. I am working on one currently and hope to get two more done by the end of this year however this will mean that I still have three left to complete in 2014. Some goals I may modify because they are dependent on my financial situation. However, I believe that where there is a will, there is a way. Some goals like #5 will start today or later on in the year like #10. I am well on my way!

No comments: