Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Survivor Conference Invites Young Adult Canadian Cancer Survivors

The ad:



Young Adult Cancer Canada (YACC) is inviting all young adults dealing with cancer in Canada* to join us in Ottawa from November 3-7, 2011 for the 5th Annual Survivor Conference. We will spend four days building our community, sharing our experiences, and learning how to make the rest of our lives the best of our lives with others who truly “get it.” The weekend will feature professional speakers, workshops, small group discussions, and free time to connect on a personal level.

The Survivor Conference is also our annual reunion where past program alumni are encouraged to come back and reconnect with the friends they have made in the past while they’re making new friends.

The program is free for survivors and one supporter, all we ask is that you cover your travel to and from Ottawa. We’ll take care of the rest from your hotel room to your meals. We also have some travel assistance available and great fundraising ideas to help you cover some of the cost of travel.

Please visit our website or contact karine@youngadultcancer.ca for more information and to apply!

My two cents:
I am working on my application and so glad something like this is available in Canada. YACC is an amazing organization. I attended their East Retreat in Newfoundland this year and it was much needed during my recovery. I met so many amazing survivors who understood what I was going through and I got to see Newfoundland (my ninth Canadian province, one more to go). I highly recommend the YACC retreat and cannot wait for the survivor conference. Hope to meet some of you there.

*diagnosed and currently between 18-39.

No comments: