Thursday, July 14, 2011

Painting at Princess Margaret Hospital

I attended a Painting Workshop at Princess Margaret Hospital, a cancer research hospital located in Toronto. It was organized by Youth In Time, an organization which provides creative workshops and classes for young adults with cancer, and the Art for Cancer Foundation. I learned about it first from Paulene Harvey, facilitator of Youth In Time. The lovely thing about this program is that it is free.

I loved this opportunity to express my creativity. Cid Palacio, our instructor, encouraged us to pain abstractly. I experimented, played, and imagined with the colours-- first, in black and white and then in colour paints.

Here is a video about this experience:


Creating from Within-workshop of July 12,2011


Experimenting with splashes of value

I loved using the knife to slather on paint like butter on bread.

I experimented with different ways to apply the paint and mix colours.

Then we were to imagine a garden. I painted one with pink and coral flowers and bright sunshine. I imagine myself walking on a path and soaking up the sunshine, feeling the warmth on my skin.

No comments: